Carlos Peña with the Tampa Bay Rays. (Photograph by Keith Allison, Creative Commons.)
Haverhill High School has announced the inductees for its Athletics Hall of Fame inaugural class. Eleven individuals will be inducted at the first HHS Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this spring.
The inductees are:
- Kate Abromovitch, 1989, Basketball, Golf, Softball
- Andy Alsup, 1997, Football, Track
- Matt Battistini, 1978, Football, Track
- Duane Carlisle, 1983, Football, Basketball, Track
- Dan Conway, 1976, Football
- Heidi Hannenian, 1989, Swimming
- Kerry (Horgan) DeVries, 1988, Field Hockey, Basketball, Softball
- John Ottaviani, 1957, Coach, Athletic Director
- Carlos Pena, 1995, Baseball
- Mary Schena, 1983, Cross Country, Track
- Kevin Woelfel, Coach
The Haverhill High School Hall of Fame was established this year to honor former students, coaches, and administrators who excelled in the field of athletics while attending HHS and for their accomplishments after high school. Its purpose is to perpetuate the memory of those persons who have brought distinction, honor, and excellence to Hillie athletics and familiarize the entire community and alumni with the high school’s rich athletic history.