Haverhill Heritage Series articles

Henry Ford Buys a Piece of Whittierland During 1928 City Visit

Henry Ford Buys a Piece of Whittierland During 1928 City Visit

Built by the Proprietors of the Merrimack River Bridge in Rocks Village, Haverhill, the Rocks Village Toll House was purchased by Henry Ford in 1928. It is now known as “The Whittier Tollhouse & Shoeshop” and stands at near the entrance of Ackley Covered Bridge, Christie Street, Greenfield Village, Dearborn, Mich. (From the Collections of

Top
s2Member®